It's tradition to buy flowers and hand them out to the veteran of your choice so we participated.
Saturday night we surprised Evelyn with a Mother's Day dinner.
Monday we planned another Love Zaporozhye afternoon at the park, handing out cookies, singing with the guitar and kicking around a soccer ball. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate so we abandoned post an hour early. Before the rain it was really hot though!
Tuesday we went to Morozevka and had a haircut/manicure day! It was really fun and at some points interesting...the man in the background of this next picture was clearly drunk when he came for a haircut. He almost pushed an older lady out of the way to be next in line and I was halfway through his head-shave with my horrible clippers when he got up to leave! I had no idea what was going on, he mumbled something about someone expecting him to be somewhere and he left with a half-shaved head! About 30 minutes later he suddenly showed up again with his own clippers from home and I finished the cut. It was pretty weird.
All together I did 12 haircuts and there were more people than we had time for. We're planning on going back another day soon hopefully and possibly visiting some other villages as well.
Monday we planned another Love Zaporozhye afternoon at the park, handing out cookies, singing with the guitar and kicking around a soccer ball. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate so we abandoned post an hour early. Before the rain it was really hot though!
Tuesday we went to Morozevka and had a haircut/manicure day! It was really fun and at some points interesting...the man in the background of this next picture was clearly drunk when he came for a haircut. He almost pushed an older lady out of the way to be next in line and I was halfway through his head-shave with my horrible clippers when he got up to leave! I had no idea what was going on, he mumbled something about someone expecting him to be somewhere and he left with a half-shaved head! About 30 minutes later he suddenly showed up again with his own clippers from home and I finished the cut. It was pretty weird.
All together I did 12 haircuts and there were more people than we had time for. We're planning on going back another day soon hopefully and possibly visiting some other villages as well.






5 comments:
I love the drunk guy story. Good thing he came back, otherwise people would ask where he got his horrible haircut. ha ha!
Nice stories Jo! I'm needing a haircut as well...but not to worry I will let you use your own clippers and I don't plan on being drunk! (we don't want the dreaded and unfortunate cut-matt's-ear-off accident)
You think he was drunk, but really he was starting a new style. Just wait until it hits the americas... the "half shave" will be the style of choice for all young men and you will be able to say that you started it.
you are a blessing to all those that you have come in contact with. wishing you a fabulous month...before you know it you will be home.
yeah we'll be home in no time which is sad that we won't be here serving but hopefully God will open the doors at home for some opportunities and give us guidance in what he wants us to do. Please pray for this as it is one of the priorities now. We are also looking forward to seeing all our fam and friends soon. Please make time to see us in July, we want to share all the details when we get home and would like to have sharing times when you guys can all get together. Oh and Matt, that accident is bound to happen sometime, Well maybe not unless Travice is back in biz. Oh Jer is the cut famous in Korea yet? Already in like six days i think i've seen like a dozen more of the half cut!
Post a Comment