Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Adventuring On

It's been a while since I've updated even though I meant to many times. It seemed as though there was never any progress to update on but now, finally we have reached the season where more things will be happening!
First of all, we successfully expanded to a family of four! 
August Grey was born February 12. He's a good baby and is growing so fast already! Dezmond loves his little brother (perhaps a little too much at times) and is always wanting to hold him and play with him. 
As far as planning for Ukraine goes we met and signed with a Realtor today who assessed our house and talked us through the process. We probably won't put our house on the market until May but even so, this is a step towards this dream becoming a reality.

Next on the to-do list is passports. We're awaiting the arrival of August's birth certificate and then we will get him a passport and renew the rest of ours.

After passports comes visa applications which John Wiens is assisting us with. He said that if we apply in April we should have them by June or July so then we can move forward with booking flights and finalizing plans at that time.

So for the time being, that in a nutshell is the progress that we have made recently. Hopefully I'll be able to update soon on any new progress being made.

Please continue to pray for us - Steve is getting towards the end of his ball hockey season at YFC so pray that he finishes that well.  Pray that all of these application processes go smoothly and that God will continue to speak to us and confirm the plans that He has for us.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

KB said...

Sounds like a lot of life changes all in a row. I am super happy for you guys that these next plans are being set in to motion. I know how much the Ukraine is weighing on your hearts. Wishing that everything goes well over the next several months as you continue to prepare and plan for your departure. I'm not sure about you selling your house though...it makes your move seem way more realistic and final. We will never see you. :(