Friday, November 22, 2013

So....God is Good, Even When I'm a Big Baby...

Another Visa post....

We found out on Tuesday that we had to have the boy's passports and birth certificates translated to Ukrainian, and notarized so that they could be added to our residency documents. Jessica and I tackled that task yesterday only to find out that our government-issued, Canadian birth certificates aren't actually viewed as legal documents in Ukraine! What?!?! I was so mad!! They wouldn't translate or notarize them for us without a certain stamp on them that we could only get by going to the Canadian Embassy in Kiev. I about lost it. Jessica called the Canadian Embassy who knew exactly what we would need and how to go about getting it and then she started calling some of her connections to see if there was some way around it. In the end we decided to just hand in what we had this morning with confidence and pray that it was overlooked.

Nope.

Jessica said that as soon as she walked into the office this morning, the agent who was working with someone else at the time looked up and exclaimed to her "So you have the birth certificates and passports translated and notarized?" Ummmm....not exactly. So much for being overlooked. So she was told our options...um, option...go to Kiev.

I was upset - after all of these days of running from place to place, getting this and that I was just DONE and I will admit that I was being a massive, ginormous, ugly baby. I didn't sleep last night because I was so worried about this morning - I KNOW God was telling me to trust Him and every time I would think about it I would remind myself over and over again that Yes God, I DO trust You!!

Around lunch today Steve suggested that I try some other avenues. We thought if we could just get someone to translate the documents, we should have no problem getting them notarized and once they're notarized, they're official as far as all of this paperwork goes. Steve called a friend and I called a few people as well. I called the girl who helped with our documents last year and she said that she couldn't help us but she has a translator friend who she would call, and that friend had a friend who was a notary. I could hardly breathe thinking that this just might work. She called and then texted me her name and number and she said there would be no problem. I dropped it off with this woman, she looked at it and didn't say anything about any kind of stamp! She translated it and then took it over to get notarized so all I had to do was pick it up!

Okay God, I'm a big baby for no reason, AGAIN. But you know what? The awesome thing about God is that He isn't thinking about how big of a suck I was today and how I was worried and mad and scared; He's just thinking about how much He loves me and about how much I love Him. And He's thinking that it was so awesome that He got to show me how much He loves me today and I know that He'll continue to do that even when other hard situations come up that make me freak out. I would love to say that I've learned by now that God ALWAYS shows up, but unfortunately I'm still a human and am still emotional and crazy so chances are that I'll need a reminder again in another crazy situation....hopefully not any time soon though, OK God?

No comments: