Today was supposed to be our last big event of the summer - our #JustYouth beach party. Unfortunately it rained all day yesterday and we had to make a judgement call in order to inform everyone of where to go and we decided that even if it didn't rain today the beach still wouldn't be a good idea because it was cloudy and only +20 Celsius. So we were in our church building and thankfully I keep an ongoing list of back up games and activities so we quickly put together some easy games.
Our first game was a version of the Newlywed Game except we used best friends.
The second game was to do simple tasks like peeling and eating a banana, opening and drinking a bottle of water and tying shoes with no thumbs (which we had taped down):
Steve shared a message:
Our event next month will be our costume party and penny carnival. Our friend Andre has agreed to speak for that one and as soon as I got home this evening I started planning for next time! Thankfully we have a team to help us and once I come up with ideas for the games I can give them out to other people to make and run.
No comments:
Post a Comment