Friday, December 28, 2012

Stupid Foreigner Moment #3

Or is it 300? I've lost count.
I went to a nearby grocery store this afternoon to pick up a few things while Steve stayed home with the boys. I brought a small purse with me and while I was collecting the things I needed I had it draped over the same arm that was carrying my basket. I got everything I needed and then got in line and at that point started looking for my purse. And looking, and looking and looking....and then panicking. I got out of the line and went to a place where I could take everything out of my basket but it was not there, or on my arm anymore. I quickly retraced my steps and then practically ran to the front of the store to the security guard. A million thoughts were rushing through my head - everyone always tells us to be so very very careful with our things because there's always someone waiting around the corner to nab them so of course I'm thinking I may never see my cell phone, driver's license, bank cards or most importantly - our very very verrrrrry important Visa card that we use for everything. I explained as best as I could that I had lost my purse - I said "black" and showed the size and "purse" I got across by motioning that it goes over my arm - another security guard came over and asked me something to which I said I don't know Russian and then they started laughing a little bit at me. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot. One guard stayed at the front and the other went looking for me and I continued praying and pleading that it would show up. I retraced my steps a second time with no luck but by the time I got back to the front of the store, there was the security guard dangling my purse from his hand with a big smile on his face. I could've hugged him I was so happy (but I didn't because that's super weird)! I ran over and got it, repeating thank-you over and over again! And then they let me cut in front of the line to pay, ha ha silver lining!! Praise God for my found purse!! All of those parables in the Bible where someone has lost something and then rejoices and has a party when it's found are very relatable right now!!
Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:6-7

No comments: